Tuesday, July 04, 2006

out of the hundrum

Spent England game in bar in Khao San with two friendly types Helen and Noah until the carnival atmosphere died. less said about that the better...
Next morning I was dying of dehyrdration, hangover, some traveller bug... and couldn't get out of bed. Spent lazy day Sunday just chilling and then went to few bars for soft drinks last night.

Today (monday) I got up early to get to Kanchanaburi (where death valley railway and bridge over river kwai).After inauspicious start (tuk tk drivers refusing to take me etc) i got one to take me to the cross river ferry from where I had to find my way to a nonexistent station. It is meant to be just across the river but there were no english signs and no sign of trains!

After asking about 4 help[ful but clueless people I made it onto a tuk tuk van thing and got out at real station about a mile away. Then got 3rd class train here. took about 3 hours on very hard seat but views were immense. very cloudy though.

A rickshaw driver and i scouted out the best bed for the night and I wound up at Blue Star which has bamboo huts over the river. very pretty....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home