Thursday, August 10, 2006

Farewell to Namsom

So it is my last day here and I am running around like a mad fly. Everyone wants to say goodbye and help. Everyone wants to have dinner and drink the night away.

Tomorrow I must be up early to go to school for Mother's Day ceremony where I will take the place of the children's mums who cannot be there.

Then run home to get a lift half way to Nong Khai where I can go over the bridge to Laos.

Still lots to do lots to pack. It is boiling here and I have been washing with fury at home. Dressed in nothing but underwear, with fans turned full blast on me and still sweat dripping down my back. I am shattered but relieved to have made a decision whether to go or stay.

It is too hot today even for the Thai people. Canvas is pulled down infront of the shops. It is 5pm and still people are walking around with parasols to protect themselves from the searing sun.

I am sad to leave this beautiful little place, especially after a wonderful bike ride yesterday afternoon.

Natalie and I biked out pf town along dirt tracks, on paths through rice fields and through small villages where children played on bikes and tractors were pulled up outside homes instead of cars.

Pai Nai? people asked as we whizzed past. Where are you going? We didn't know so couldn't even tell them if we knew the Thai. It was much cooler yesterday but a balmy evening for the full moon.

Usually in the rainy season you cannot see the full moon but it was very bright last night and we sat on the balcony at Ban Falang listening to music with Tae and Pi Mon after a very satisfying Korean barbecue. So much for my diet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home